Monday 19 October 2015

6. Adapting the Brimstone Peninsula Time of War.

Here is a rundown of the Time of War rules and whether they need adapting to suit the Campaign.

1.  FLAMING MISSILES -  I like the fact that this rule gives a bonus to wound for shooting above a certain distance.  Shouldn't be game-breaking when coupled with the fact that distances can be covered quickly, Clouds of Smoke and Steam rule, as well as the House Rule for shooting (given below). 


2.  CLOUDS OF SMOKE AND STEAM -  Another good rule that prohibits units parking in the corner of the map and shooting every turn.  Shooting is to be encouraged but should be tempered with tactical movement.  Getting into a good clear firing position every turn is the skill in using ranged firepower.  Especially now that the rules support being able to move freely and fire without penalty to hit.  Tactical movement across all types of units is positively encouraged with this rule.

3.  FIREBALL - A potentially pointless rule for the Stormcast and Khornate forces unless they manage to acquire a magic ring or two on their travels. 

4.  GEYSERS OF BOILING BLOOD -  Fantastic rule that I shall definitely be taking advantage of.  I may even go so far as to make some custom markers for this.

5.  BRIMSTONE PENINSULA TRIUMPHS -  I like the rewards as they are.  Whilst tempting to tweak and add to them I like the fact that they are all contained within a D6 table and only apply to HERO level models.

6.  LEGIONS OF CHAOS -  I dont think I am going to be using this rule, not in it's current form anyway.  I like the idea of a battle set around the Khorne controlled Realmgate having a set of rules that can potentially feed into this but for now I am considering this rule off the table. 

7.  RAIN OF SIGMAR - Again, I dont see this as being absolutely necessary.  I may introduce it as a means of subtly balancing the win/loss ratio of the Stormcast but only if it is absolutely necessary.

8.  OVERTHROW THE TYRANTS - Now we come to the biggest change.  I am not a fan of this rule being in effect every single game.  I do believe that Sigmar wouldn't drop the Stormcast into battle unsupported without a means of giving some reinforcements at some point.  Therefore, I have come up with the following system:-




No comments:

Post a Comment