Sunday 15 September 2013

EuroBowl in Vienna!


Hello! My name is Wil Longbottom and I'm also a member of the Stevenage Wargamers Club 

I am an occasional WHFB tournament goer, and a keen player when I have the time and am not working on a new army/project.

This little blog entry is not about Warhammer though, it's about my first table top love - Blood Bowl.

I am a regular tournament player in Blood Bowl since 2006 and it's always been my favourite game. I'm also a member of the ECBBL (Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League) in London, one of the UK's oldest and best leagues.

Over the years I've played in a few tournaments, including the World Cup in Amsterdam, events in Belgium, several here in the UK and I even run my own in St Albans in September/October time.

But back to the point of this blog entry.

Next month is the 8th EuroBowl, which this year is being held in Vienna.

It's a similar kind of event to the Warhammer and 40k ETC in that nations field teams of 8 players, there are usually 6 rounds, and there's a rulespack setting the team value of each team and the skills set you can choose.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it into Team England this year, but I am still going to the event.

There is a side tournament, the EurOpen, which is a singles event that I will play in if not required as a freebooter - fingers crossed that will be the case though as I've had some interest expressed in the last few days.

I've been in and around Team England for the last few years, although I've never quite managed to get into the 8 yet.

I'm very excited to be going along this time to cheer on the England team and hopefully score myself a few TDs on the way.

For those who do play Blood Bowl, the rules pack for this year is team's of TV105, with six normal skills from game one.

I'm going to be taking orcs or undead, I haven't quite decided yet but I'm leaning towards the deadies at the moment. The event is the last weekend in October, and is set to be a good time of nerding, beer and seeing old friends from Europe - should be great!

If everything goes well I'll post a blog entry after the event to let people know how it went. As I said, I'm hoping to be a freebooter as I'd like to experience the EuroBowl itself even if I'm not playing for Team England. Fingers crossed!

Other than that, I should hopefully have finished off a big chunk of my new Warhammer daemon army in the next couple of weeks and I'll try to put some pics up here once the 2,400pt list I created is complete!

Cheers

Wil

No comments:

Post a Comment